1.1 This document is a summary of the way Face Painting Melbourne manages personal information it collects on:
- 1.1.1 people who access its website; and
- 1.1.2 people who contract with the company for the provision of services ('customer').
1.2 The policy is based on the National Privacy Principles that apply to private businesses under the Privacy Act, 1988 (Commonwealth). The National Privacy Guidelines can be accessed at http://www.privacy.gov.au/materials/types/guidelines/.
1.3 In summary, our policy is to:
- 1.3.1 collect only as much personal information on you as we require to provide you with an effective service and meet our legal obligations;
- 1.3.2 hold the information in a secure manner;
- 1.3.3 give you access to the information if you request it and the means to change it if it is incorrect; and
- 1.3.4 destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
1.4 This policy statement may be amended from time to time. Our website will always display the up-to-date version.
2. General Disclaimer
2.1 There are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet. We can give no absolute guarantee that all data, including personal information, provided via the Internet is secure from unauthorized use.
3. The Personal Information We Hold
3.1 If you are, or intend to be, a customer of Face Painting Melbourne, we collect basic data that includes your name, address, age, gender, telephone and facsimile numbers, domain name, email address and credit card details (if you choose to pay online).
3.2 If you make inquiries about our products and services we collect some or all of the above data. We may also record telephone conversations as an aid to training our staff. We will seek your agreement before any voice recording is made. We also hold copies of any correspondence that passes between us.
3.3 From time to time we may survey our customers to assist us in planning and delivering better services. The provision of this information will be voluntary and our intended use will be clearly identified at the time of collection.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
5.1 In the normal course of business we will not disclose your personal information to any other party (other than contracted support services) without your consent. However, circumstances may arise where we will disclose your personal information without your consent. The circumstances include but are not limited to situations where disclosure is required to:
- 4.1.1 comply with the law or in situations where we have reason to suspect that you are engaged in unlawful activity or improper conduct and we disclose your personal information as a necessary part of our investigation or to report our concerns to the relevant authorities;
- 4.1.2 protect and defend our rights or property;
- 4.1.3 enforce crucial terms of our agreements with you;
- 4.1.4 sell our business or part of it; and
- 4.1.5 prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life or safety or to the public safety generally.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
71 You can ask us to provide you with the personal information we hold on you. We will require you to provide identification to ensure you are who you say you are. We undertake to provide the information in a reasonable time and to correct any errors where the information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. If you need to update your online billing details you can access your account details through our control panel.